NoSQL Database SRE
Banyan Data Services (BDS) is a US-based data focused IT Company that specializes in comprehensive data solutions and services, headquartered in San Jose, California, USA.
We are looking for NoSQL Database Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our data services team based out of Bangalore. This team focuses on most innovative Database Maintenance and 24/7 Support to provide highly scalable and available NoSQL database infrastructure.
It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join our rocket ship startup run by a world-class executive team. We are looking for candidates that aspire to be a part of the cutting-edge solutions and services we offer that address next gen data evolution challenges.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of support experience on any NoSQL database technology. Freshers with certification are OK to apply
- Passionate about database technologies and get expertise on new technologies
- In-depth knowledge of database logical design and physical design considerations
- Work experience on monitoring tools and troubleshooting skills
- Exposure to DevOps on AWS or any cloud platform is a plus
- Hands-on experience on script writing and automation is a mandatory
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting of any Unix platform
- Self-motivated and flexible to work with little to no supervision
- Professional Certificates in AWS or any other cloud is preferable
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Any Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
- As part of 24/7 NoSQL SRE team, you will be placed at either client location or BDS office
- Strictly follow the SLAs and OLAs defined in the support engagement model with customers
- Must be flexible to work on the office timings to accommodate the multi-national client timings
- Work with DevOps team to build, improve, and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Architect and build the NoSQL database infrastructure with focus on High availability and Disaster recovery setup (DR)
- Responsible for installation, Configuration & managing No database infrastructure and applying security patches
- Administration, performance monitoring, reporting, and root cause analysis
- Provide the No SQL Database Health Checks and optimization and Monitoring
- Willing to learn new technologies and work on research orientated projects
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Scope and deliver solutions with the ability to design solutions independently based on high-level architecture.
- Independent thinking, Desire / Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with creativity and brainstorming